Thank you so much for your generous donation to the Mobile Giving Foundation to support your charity of choice. Please enter your mobile number to access and print a receipt for your records that can also be treated as the official donation receipt for tax purposes. No goods or services were received by the donor as a result of this gift. The Mobile Giving Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization with a tax-exempt number of 20-8164151
- You have reached this page because you, or someone on your family plan, has made a tax deductible donation to a US 501 (c) 3 charity from his or her cell phone.
- To get removed from any of our supported programs please refer to www.mobilegiving.org/T for details
- To see a list of all supported charities with their associated keywords please click here: www.mobilegiving.org/charities
- If you would like to contact us please go to: www.mobilegiving.org/ContactUs
- To get a tax report of all donations made from you mobile number, please enter it below. If you have a family plan please use the number which has been charged.
- After entering your cell phone number you will receive a text message with a “Pin number” within a few minutes. You will have to enter the Pin number on our page to authenticate your rightful access to this data. If you don’t have access to the phone
which you made the donation from or if you have not had your phone number since Jan 1st of this year, please contact email@example.com for your report.
- Privacy Statement: We will not use your phone number for any other reason then to provide your donation report.
What is SMS or text messaging?
SMS stands for Short Message Service, commonly known to consumers as text messaging. The protocol is designed to send text messages to and from mobile phones. The messages may be up to 160 characters in length including spaces. Almost 100% of today’s phones can send and receive text messages!
What is a short code?
Similar to a telephone number, short codes are special 5 or 6 digit codes used to route text messages from mobile phones to interactive mobile messaging applications, typically in combination with a keyword. They are designed to be shorter to read and easier to remember than normal telephone numbers. Short codes also allow for billing and other unique forms of interaction via the mobile phone such as television voting, ordering ringtones, charity donations and mobile chat services. The Mobile Giving Foundation uses the following short codes: 20222, 27222, 40202, 41010, 464329, and 861232 (UNICEF) at this time.
What is a keyword?
Used in combination with a short code, a keyword is a word that differentiates a mobile campaign from others on the same short code. The keyword and short code combination allows mobile phone users to make a donation to MGF sponsored mobile donation campaign. For example, an organization called Save the Planet might choose the keyword SAVE. In order to make a mobile donation, a mobile phone users would send the word SAVE in the body of his or her text message e.g. to the short code 20222.
List of carriers supporting Mobile Giving Foundation programs: AT&T, Nextel, T-Mobile USA, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile.